Australian Moulding and Door Company (AMDC) is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. AMDC is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
The purpose of this statement is to provide you with information on how AMDC collects, uses and discloses personal information both generally and in relation to our websites listed below.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact our Customer Service Staff.
Please take some time to read through this statement and understand our position on privacy.
This privacy statement applies to the websites, which are owned and operated AMDC under the AMDC name.
In addition to the above, this statement may also apply to services offered by AMDC on websites hosted by third parties. If so, express reference to this privacy statement must be made on those websites. As the AMDC websites evolve AMDC will continue to update this privacy statement.
How is my personal information collected, generally?
AMDC may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in writing or when you submit your personal details to us through our websites;
- from third parties such as, delivery service providers, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under “When we disclose your personal information”;
- from our own records and when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information.
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our products and services;
- provide and improve the services you require through a number of media;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our products and services;
- gain an understanding of your information, business and advertising needs in order for us to provide you with better products and services; and
- maintain and develop our business systems.
Your personal information may also be used by AMDC to market our services to you. If you do not wish us to contact you to do this, please email us with your request.
Personal Information collected from our websites
When submitting information, on some of our sites, we will collect details such as your name, email address and may also collect information from you regarding your personal interests. Some of this information is essential for us to be able to respond to your requests and, as such, is indicated by mandatory fields. Mandatory information requirements are clearly identified and are denoted by a asterisks (*). You will also be prompted when submitting a form if mandatory data has not been completed. Other types of information, such as your age and gender, are collected to help us profile who is using our services and what their interests are.
You may be asked to provide AMDC with personal information on our websites when you:
- send us your comments or suggestions
- report a technical problem
- create a link to one of AMDC websites
- register with a site
- update your registration details
- request sales and advertising information
In all cases, the primary purpose in gathering information on our website users is to gain a better understanding of your needs and wants, and develop new and innovative solutions.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the products and services you require, AMDC may disclose your personal information to organisations outside AMDC. These organisations may carry out our:
- printing and delivery activities;
- customer enquiries and database maintenance;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, sales and telemarketing services; and
- market research.
Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to AMDC providing our products and services to you. Further, AMDC takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are subject to obligations of confidentiality or privacy in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (eg when requested by you do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
AMDC takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address.
- You can access your personal information
- You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please fax us with your request. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. AMDC reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information.
How can I control my personal information?
- Our commitment is to provide you with the opportunity to ‘opt-out’, access or correct any information you have submitted online to AMDC. Please refer to the appropriate site and page to request your changes. When notified and requested, AMDC will remove any personal identifiable information from the current operational systems.
How secure is my information?
- Any personal information that you submit to our web sites is held with the strictest confidence. The information you submit to AMDC is used only for the purpose stipulated at the time that the information is collected. AMDC is required by law not to reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, licence, share or pass on to any third parties, any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so.
Exceptions to this include:
- where AMDC is required to provide information in response to Subpoenas or Warrants or other legal process, including requests from the Australian Stock Exchange.
Are my children at risk using AMDC websites?
The safety of children is very important to us.
- We ask that children under the age of 16 have a parent or guardian verify their registration on our web sites or when submitting Online Forms. Whilst AMDC will make every reasonable effort to ensure that children’s privacy and other rights are not compromised, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage.
- Children should always ask a parent before sending any transmission over the Internet.
Third Party Sites
When you click-through to third party sites from our website you should refer to the privacy statement of the sites you visit. The AMDC privacy statement is applicable for AMDC websites only, and we assume no responsibility for information and content on third party sites or for how those third parties may use personal information you send to them.
What else should you know about privacy?
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You, as an individual, are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet (for example: in discussion forums, via email or in chat sites) that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forum you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet and AMDC websites.